How Intellectual Property is linked to the Medical Device Regulation?
In this episode of the podcast, I wanted an expert to answer the question about IP related to Medical Devices. A lot of people are willing to understand how intellectual property works when for example:
- We have a Private Labeling Business
- When we buy a product already designed by another company but place it on the market under your name?
- When we want to mention “MADE IN” and a different country than where the product comes from…
Stephan Carter from UK is my guest today and he manages this type of situation for you. You will hear on this episode some advice that would really be beneficial to your business.
Who is Stephen Carter?
Stephen is a UK and European patent attorney and founder of The Intellectual Property Works. He is recognized by ‘IAM Strategy 300’ as one of the world’s leading IP strategists and is now focused on working with ambitious MedTech start-ups and SMEs to protect their innovations, helping them to succeed so they can make a positive impact in the world.
Who is Monir El Azzouzi?
Monir El Azzouzi is a Medical Device Expert specialized in Quality and Regulatory Affairs. After working for many years with big Healthcare companies and particularly Johnson and Johnson, he decided to create EasyMedicalDevice.com to help people have a better understanding of the Medical Device Regulations all over the world. He now created the consulting firm Easy Medical Device GmbH and developed many ways to deliver knowledge through Videos, Podcast, Online courses…
- Stephen Carter LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenjcarter/
- The Intellectual Property Works: https://theintellectualpropertyworks.co.uk/
- UK MHRA Virtual Manufacturer: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/medical-devices-virtual-manufacturing-replaces-own-brand-labelling/virtual-manufacturing-of-medical-devices
- “Made in” USA: https://www.sgrlaw.com/when-is-it-okay-to-label-my-product-as-made-in-usa/