Episode 39 – Networking at Medical Device events with Lynda Wight
Networking at events can seem really difficult. Saying “Hi” to persons without knowing them is a bit awkward. What is the objective of this approach?
If you are going to events to find new customers, to discover new technologies or to learn about the industry change, it is critical that you invest some time to research and prepare for it so you can maximize your return on Investment.
This is what Lynda Wight, Executive Director at TOPRA will help you understand on this episode. As an example, we will use the TOPRA Symposium 2019 to describe the situation.
This year, the TOPRA Symposium will be held in Dublin, Ireland – September 30th to October 2nd. If you have a moment during the breaks I’d be delighted to meet new colleagues and familiar faces at Booth 27 (RApport Global Strategic Services) where I will be discussing the transitioning of the MDR/IVDR amongst other topics!
Who is Lynda Wight?
Lynda Wight is a Fellow and Executive Director of TOPRA (The Organisation for Professionals in Regulatory Affairs), the international professional association for those in healthcare regulation.
She oversees all TOPRA’s activities, which includes over 30 training courses and conferences annually, MSc and Ph.D. programs, professional registration activities, Awards, and a peer-reviewed journal.
She has a BSc(Hons) in Biological Sciences and an MSc in Information Science and started her career in regulatory affairs for Merck, Sharp, and Dohme.
She then helped establish a consultancy and training business which became the international CRO IBRD Rostrum Global of which she was Executive Vice President, Europe.
- Lynda Wight Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lynda-wight-4441a311/
- TOPRA website: https://www.topra.org
- Medical Device Symposium Programme: https://www.topra.org/TOPRA/TOPRA_Member/Symposium_2019/Programme_TOPRA_Annual_Symposium_2019.aspx
- TOPRA Symposium Booking: https://www.topra.org/TOPRA/TOPRA_Member/Events/Event_Display.aspx
- TOPRA Symposium App: https://www.topra.org/TOPRA/TOPRA_Member/Symposium_2019/Networking-2019.aspx