EUDAMED is delayed, so What? with Richard Houlihan
In this 50th episode of the Podcast, we will talk about the announcement that was made this November 2019 by the European Commission of the EUDAMED Delay.
Richard Houlihan, CEO of EUDAMED.EU is my guest and will help us understand the situation and what should be done.
If you remember, Richard was on episode 25 of the podcast.
All that Richard shared on this episode is still relevant. So don’t hesitate to listen back to it.
One conclusion of this episode is the fact that EUDAMED is delayed but MDR 2017/745 is not so you should continue your transition.
Who is Richard Houlihan?
Richard Houlihan has been in IT-related businesses for 25+ years. He holds a BSc in Computing and an MBA Information management. The varying IT roles have led to him living in several countries, working across 6 blue chips, 3 start-ups and 3 different directorates within the European Commission.
Who is Monir El Azzouzi?
Monir El Azzouzi is a Medical Device Expert specialized in Quality and Regulatory Affairs. After working for many years with big Healthcare company and particularly Johnson and Johnson, he decided to create EasyMedicalDevice.com to help people have a better understanding of the Medical Device Regulations all over the world. He now created the consulting firm Easy Medical Device GmbH and developed many ways to deliver knowledge through Videos, Podcast, Online courses…
Links from the Video
- Richard Houlihan LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-houlihan/
- Eudamed.eu Website: https://Eudamed.Eu
- EU commission news about the delay: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/medical-devices/new-regulations/eudamed_en
- Eudamed Cheat Sheet + Promo Code: https://mailchi.mp/easymedicaldevice/eudamed_delay
- UDI article: https://easymedicaldevice.com/udi/
- Episode 4 – UDI: https://podcast.easymedicaldevice.com/4/